Rustoleum - V8400 - Food & Beverage Alkyd Enamel - Gallon
Food and Beverage Alkyd Enamels are designed for use in food processing plants and other areas where mold and mildew are a concern. This modified alkyd coating contains additives to prevent mold and mildew growth in the dried paint film. May be applied to surfaces at temperatures as low as 18°F (-8°C). Not for use on galvanized steel.
We deliver nationwide, see expedited transit times and our shipping rates by entering your shipping info on the checkout page.
This coating complies with USDA FSIS regulatory sanitation performance standards for food establishment facilities.
- Prevents mold and mildew*; resists humidity and high heat (up to 212°F /100°C)
- Can be applied to surfaces as cold as 18°F (-7°C)
- Withstands corrosion from repeated washing, disinfectants and cleaning compounds
- Two-year rust-proof guarantee—maximum corrosion protection
- Meets USDA requirements for incidental food contact; accepted for use in federally registered Canadian food facilities; <340 VOCs
*This product contains a mildewcide to prevent the growth of mold and mildew on the paint film only.
For Best Results
- Achieve maximum performance by starting with the V8400 System primer
ALL SURFACES: Remove all dirt, grease, oil, salt and chemical contaminants by washing the surface with Krud Kutter® Cleaner Degreaser or other suitable cleaner. Mold and mildew areas must be cleaned with a chlorinated cleaner or bleach solution. Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry.
STEEL: Hand tool (SSPC-SP-2) or power tool (SSPC-SP-3) clean to remove loose rust, scale, and deteriorated previous coatings to obtain a sound rusted surface. For optimum corrosion resistance, abrasive blast to commercial grade SSPC-SP-6, with a blast profile of 1-2 mils (25-50µ). All weld spatter should be removed along weld seams, rough welds should be ground smooth, and all sharp edges should be ground to a smooth radius.
Apply only when air and surface temperatures are between 18-100°F (-8-38°C). Surfaces must be frost-free and at least 5°F above dew point.
BRUSH: Use a good quality natural or synthetic bristle brush.
ROLLER: Use a good quality lamb’s wool or synthetic fiber roller cover recommended.
|Method||Fluid Tip||Fluid Delivery||Atomized Pressure|
|Pressure||0.055-0.070||16 oz./min.||40-60 psi|
|HVLP||0.043-0.070||10-12 oz./min||10 psi (at tip)|
|Fluid Pressure||Fluid Tip||Filter Mesh|
- BRUSH/ROLLER: Normally not required.
- AIR-ATOMIZED SPRAY: 333402 Thinner: Use up to 15% by volume.
- AIRLESS SPRAY: 333402 Thinner: Normally not required. If needed use up to 5% by volume.
CLEAN-UP: 333402 Thinner or 254266 Thinner.
We make it our mission to ship your order in a timely fashion. Due to the nature of our business and the wide variety of our product offerings we sometimes encounter stock issues. Should there be any issues getting your order shipped we will contact you to update you on the situation.
All in stock items ship within 24 business hours. If you need your order shipped sooner than that please contact us directly before placing your order.
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2Day A.M
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx Ground
- Local In Store Pickup