Golden Paintworks - Metallic Texture
A tintable, water based, acrylic paste that is highly pigmented with pearlescent, mica particles available in either a Pearl Base or Gold Base. It produces a unique, soft, metallic sparkle with varied sheen and movement across the finished surface. Traditionally applied by trowel, the final finish requires no burnishing, or top coating, which adds to its popularity.
We Color Match popular paint swatches! Note: A color sample of the plaster is made on card stock and left to air dry. The dried color sample, without burnishing or waxing, is what we match to the selected color swatch. The final finish will have deeper tones and darker shades of your color. All of our custom colors are tinted by eye and as such some minor color variance is to be expected. All custom mixes add one to four business days to our processing time.
Coverage: Approx. 50-150 sq.ft./gal.
Dry Time: Touch: 1 hour | Recoat: 12-24 hours
Clean Up: Warm soapy water.
We deliver nationwide, see expedited transit times and our shipping rates by entering your shipping info on the checkout page.
Golden Paintworks Metallic Textures bridge contemporary and old world designs with rich texture and shimmer. Available in two tint-able colors: Pearl for lighter tones and Gold for rich tones.
- Translucent, pearlescent plaster for dimensional metallic effects.
- Compatible with most universal colorants.
- Tints and mixes easily.
- Easy to apply interior finish
- Many effects possible, based on application technique
- Water clean up
- VOC Compliant
Remove all surface contamination by washing with an appropriate cleaner, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Existing peeled or checked paint should be scraped and sanded to a smooth, sound surface. Glossy surfaces should be sanded dull. Stains from water, smoke, ink, pencil, grease, etc. should be sealed with the appropriate primer/sealer. If existing paint is in good condition, priming is not needed. If a surface is new, priming and painting with acrylic wall paint will provide the best, uniform surface for applying the Metallic Textures. The level of drywall preparation required is dependent upon the specified finish design. Rough textured finishes (for example, loosely troweled, stippled, or stipple/knockdown finishes) may be applied directly to a Level 3 surface (Gypsum Association G214 Standard). A level 5 surface is recommended for smooth, polished applications to prevent joint telegraphing.
- Apply at temperatures between 50° F & 90° F.
- Trowel, brush, roller or spray apply.
- Ready to use.
- May be thinned up to 30% with water if desired.
- May be tinted with waterborne or Universal colorants (UTC), up to 10% by volume. Use transparent pigments to maintain maximum metallic luster.
- Apply only to clean, dry, painted or primed surfaces.
- Allow a minimum of 1 to 4 hours drying time between coats.
- Test your technique on a practice board before applying to walls.
- For interior use.
Trowel Application: When applying in hot or dry conditions observe the trowel edges and periodically wipe them clean to prevent buildup of dried material that can break free and create scratch marks in the work. Brush application: Thin Metallic Texture with water to increase brushability. Stipple for maximum coarseness.
Roller Application: Use a paint roller to transfer Metallic Texture to the work surface for subsequent tooling. Roller cover thickness will determine the amount of material that is applied to the work surface for subsequent tooling and will influence the appearance of the final finish.
Spray Application: Spraying allows for a consistent, uniform amount of product to be applied rapidly for a quick follow up knock down. When spraying, wear eye protection and particulate respirator, and prevent others from coming into contact with spray mist.
- Trowel: Use a flexible stainless steel or plastic trowel designed to apply decorative plasters.
- Brush: No specific requirements for the type of brush.
- Roller: Use a ½” nap cover for thin applications. Increasing the nap thickness will result in heavier applications.
- Spray equipment options:
- Hopper Sprayer:
- Marshalltown SharpShooter® or equivalent • #1 tip (3/16” / 5mm orifice); 40 PSI
- No reduction required, but may be reduced up to 30% to adjust application properties. Pump/compressed air sprayers with reservoir:
- Best Recommendation: Graco® TexSpray RTX 1500 or equivalent
- White Tip (50 mesh, for Latex); ”high” air volume setting
- Reduce 10% - 15% with water when using line feed from stationary hopper.
- Airless Sprayer:
- Graco® TexSpray Mark V or equivalent
- 537 tip
- 1,050 PSI
- Reduction is not required, but material may be reduced up to 10% - 15% with water to adjust application properties.
Coverage: Highly dependent on application technique and number of layers. Approx. 50-150 sq.ft./gal.
Dry Time: @ 50% RH, 77° F: Touch 1 hour. Recoat in12-24 hours. Cold weather & high humidity will slow down cure time.
Clean Up: Clean your skin and equipment immediately after use with soap and warm water. Consult with local authorities for methods of disposal.
Storage: Store in a cool/dry location @ temperatures between 40° F & 90° F. Do not allow material to freeze or be exposed to temperatures exceeding 120° F for extended periods.
We make it our mission to ship your order in a timely fashion. Due to the nature of our business and the wide variety of our product offerings we sometimes encounter stock issues. Should there be any issues getting your order shipped we will contact you to update you on the situation.
All in stock items ship within 24 business hours. If you need your order shipped sooner than that please contact us directly before placing your order.
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2Day A.M
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx Ground
- Local In Store Pickup