Firetect - Fire-Poof Saturant
Fire-poof™ is an interior flame retardant for most fibers and raw wood. May be effective over scenic paint, but must be tested for use with specific paint being used.
Items that qualify for free shipping are sent FedEx ground. We deliver nationwide, see expedited transit times and our shipping rates by entering your shipping info on the checkout page.
- Weight - 5-gallon pail is 50 lbs (ready to use), ph=6.5-7. Available in all quantities.
- May need up to 24 hrs. to cure depending upon fiber characteristics.
- Appearance - consistency and appearance of water.
- Store between 40° and 100°F. Shelf life, 5 years if unopened.
- Firepoof is water-soluble. It is recommended that all fabrics be dry-cleaned.
- Do not add water or change chemical composition in any way. Always make sure cap stays on container.\
- Do not expose to heat above 300º f. after application.
- Certification requires application by a California State Certified Applicator to comply with requirements of the CA State Fire Marshal.
- Water based product, use caution when product comes in contact with metal as it may cause corrosion.
- Wood: Class A / Class 1 ASTM E-84, CA Title 19 1236.4, NFPA 255, UL 723, UBC 42-1
- Fabric: NFPA 701 & CA Title 19 1237.1, No. C-26501, NYC COA #5687, CAN/ULC-S109-03 Small and Large Scale, FAA 25.853, NFPA 260, BFD 1X-1, ASTM E84
We make it our mission to ship your order in a timely fashion. Due to the nature of our business and the wide variety of our product offerings we sometimes encounter stock issues. Should there be any issues getting your order shipped we will contact you to update you on the situation.
All in stock items ship within 24 business hours. If you need your order shipped sooner than that please contact us directly before placing your order.
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2Day A.M
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx Ground
- Local In Store Pickup