Richard's - VIPER Aliphatic Acrylic Urethane Kit
Richard’s Viper Acrylic Urethane Gloss offers superior color and gloss retention. It is a high performance, two-component industrial coating ideal for use in exterior corrosion resistant systems on steel, aluminum, galvanized steel and concrete. Includes the necessary catalyst.
We deliver nationwide, see expedited transit times and our shipping rates by entering your shipping info on the checkout page.
This item only ships FedEx ground!
This heavy-duty coating offers excellent mar and abrasion resistance. Commonly used as a topcoat in heavy duty floor coating systems in heavy traffic and chemical spill areas. Excellent solvent and chemical resistance - resists splash and spillage of solvents, certain acids, alkalis, salts, fresh and salt water, oils, greases, and detergents.
PRODUCT FEATURES PRODUCT USES PERFORMANCE QUALITIES
- High Performance Quality
- Excellent Coverage
- Excellent Durability
- Chemical Resistant
- Corrosion Resistant
- UV Blocking
- Fade Resistant
- Impact Resistant
- Structural Steel
- Galvanized Metal
- CMU • Machinery
- Pipes & Railings
- Painted Surfaces
GENERAL: All surfaces must be sound, dry, clean and free of oil, grease, dirt, mildew, mil scale, form release agents, curing compounds, loose and flaking paint, rust, efflorescence and any other surface contaminants.
- Concrete & Masonry – All new masonry surfaces must be allowed to dry/cure a minimum of 30 days before painting. Acid etch or abrasive blast all slick, glazed concrete or concrete with laitance.
- Galvanized & Non-Ferrous Metals – Solvent clean the surface in accordance with SSPC-SP1 Solvent Cleaning specifications for metal surfaces. If any oxidation (white rust) has formed, remove as per SSPC-SP2 Hand Tool Cleaning, SSPC-SP3 Power Tool Cleaning specifications for metal surfaces.
- Steel & Ferrous Metals – Remove any loose rust, mills scale or rust deposits from metal surfaces by the methods described above, and in accordance with the Steel Structures Paint Council specifications SSPC-SP1 Solvent Cleaning, SSPC-SP2 Hand Tool Cleaning, SSPC-SP3 Power Tool Cleaning, and SSPC-SP6 Commercial Blast Cleaning methods for proper surface preparation of metal surfaces.
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES
- Remove any loose scale, chalked, cracked or peeling paint from previously painted surfaces by hand scraping, sanding, wire brushing or by power tool cleaning methods, such as electric sanders, grinders, etc.
- Previously painted surfaces that are in poor condition should be completely stripped to reveal a more compatible surface for paint application. Sand smooth all rough paint edges to the adjacent surface area, and sand all glossy surfaces to effectively dull existing sheen levels.
- Repair/replace any damaged, deteriorated, and surface imperfections with the proper patching compounds or building materials. Prime all bare, new, chalked, and repaired surfaces with the properly specified Richard’s primer.
Mildew: Surface areas affected by mildew should be washed with a commercial mildew removal product, carefully following manufacturer’s application and safety directions. Rinse thoroughly with clean water, and allow a minimum of 24 hours to dry thoroughly.
WARNING! If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and wet mop. Before you start, find out how you can protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-Lead, or log onto www.epa.gov/lead.
Industrial Coatings Acrylic/Aliphatic Polyurethane Gloss Enamel is formulated as a 4 to 1 ratio mix - example - 1 full gallon of part A mixed with 1 quart of part B.
Stir Part A component thoroughly with a paint paddle in a spiral up and down motion or with an electric mixer and pour into a separate container. Add Part B component stir thoroughly. There Is No Induction Period! Mixed material has a 6 to 8 hour pot life after combining, and should be applied during this time period. Neither Component Will Work Unless Mixed With The Other! Depending on application method, brush/roll or airless spray, you may reduce with either 2400TH Brushing Thinner or 2420TH Spraying Thinner. When tinting, use 844 Industrial Colorant only. Tint part A component only.
Brush Application: Apply using quality nylon, polyester or combination nylon/polyester, or a quality natural china bristle brush.
Roller Application: Apply using a smooth - medium nap synthetic, lamb’s wool or mohair roller cover, depending on texture or surface porosity.
Spray Application: Pump: Gas or Electric Airless Sprayer. Pressure: Minimum 2000 PSI. Tip: 0.013 – 0.015 Reversible. Hose: ¼ inch (6.3 mm) - ⅜ inch (10 mm)
- Mix Parts A & B components as stated in the “Mixing Instructions” section below.
- Stir thoroughly in a spiral up and down motion before and during application to keep product completely mixed.
- For best results, it is recommended to apply two (2) finish coats.
- To assure color uniformity always intermix multiple containers of custom tinted and stock colors. Apply a small test sample to verify color.
- Always paint to a natural break in the surface, such as a corner or edge.
- When applying by brush, apply a smooth and generous coat on smaller surface areas, such as cutting-in larger surfaces and painting trim.
- When applying by roller cover, apply an even and generous coat in a “W” or crisscross motion, avoiding any excessive respreading or reworking.
- When applying by airless spray equipment, use a unit with a minimum of 2000 psi of pressure, with a 0.013 – 0.015 fluid spray tip.
- During spray application, it is recommended to back-roll the surface area to ensure proper adhesion, and an even coat application.
- Maintain a wet edge during application by brushing, rolling or spraying into previously applied coating area.
- Apply when surface and ambient temperatures are above 55º F and below 90º F.
- Avoid exterior paint application when weather conditions are threatening, and late in the day when there is a threat of moisture condensing on wet paint.
Clean Up: Clean up any minor spills and spatters immediately with 2400TH Brushing Thinner, as well as all painting tools and airless equipment. More serious paint spills should be contained and removed with inert absorbent material. Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container, and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Thinning: Stir thoroughly and apply as it comes from the container. Thinning is not necessary. However, if thinning is required, you may add 2400TH Brushing Thinner, or 2420TH Spraying Thinner.
We make it our mission to ship your order in a timely fashion. Due to the nature of our business and the wide variety of our product offerings we sometimes encounter stock issues. Should there be any issues getting your order shipped we will contact you to update you on the situation.
All in stock items ship within 24 business hours. If you need your order shipped sooner than that please contact us directly before placing your order.
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2Day A.M
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx Ground
- Local In Store Pickup