Rustoleum - 3800 - DTM Acrylic Enamel - Gallon
Rust-Oleum 3800 System DTM Acrylic Enamel is a fast dry, gloss finish, water-based finish for indoor or outdoor direct-to-metal (DTM) applications. It delivers excellent corrosion resistance and will protect surfaces exposed to mild to moderate environments.
- Quick 15 minute dry time
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Direct-to-metal (DTM) coating — no primer required; good adhesion and excellent one-coat coverage, water-based
- Applies with very little brush drag; lays out evenly when applied by roller
- Two-year rust-proof guarantee—maximum corrosion protection
- Meets USDA requirements for incidental food contact; accepted for use in federally registered Canadian food facilities
For Best Results
- Apply when temps are 50-100°F and relative humidity is less than 95%.
The 3800 System DTM Acrylic Enamel is a fast dry, waterbased, low VOC, acrylic finish for indoor or outdoor direct-to metal (DTM) applications. The 3800 System is suitable for use in a mild to moderate environments.
The 3800 System complies with USDA FSIS regulatory sanitation performance standards for food establishment facilities. This coating is impervious to moisture and easily cleaned and sanitized.
MPI #161, #163, #164 certified. (Refer to the MPI website for the most current listing of MPI certified products.)
The 3800 System DTM Tint Bases can be applied direct-to metal (DTM), however optimal corrosion protection is achieved when the finish coat is used in conjunction with one of the recommended primers.
- Rust-Oleum ROC Prime 100
- Rust-Oleum Universal Acrylic Primer
- Sierra Performance™ Griptec™ Acrylic Primer
ALL SURFACES: Remove all dirt, grease, oil, salt and chemical contaminants by washing the surface with Krud Kutter Original Cleaner Degreaser, commercial detergent or other suitable cleaner. Mold and mildew must be cleaned with a chlorinated cleaner or bleach solution. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water and allow to fully dry. All surfaces must be dry at time of application.
STEEL: Hand tool (SSPC-SP-2) or power tool (SSPC-SP-3) clean to remove loose rust, mill scale, and deteriorated previous coatings.
PREVIOUSLY COATED: Previously coated surfaces must be sound and in good condition. Smooth, hard, or glossy finishes should be scarified by sanding to create a surface profile. The Rust-Oleum 3800 System DTM Acrylic Enamel is compatible with most coatings, but a test patch is suggested.
Apply only when the air and surface temperatures are between 50-100°F (10-38°C) and the surface temperature is at least 5°F (3°C) above the dew point. The relative humidity should not be greater than 95%.
The dry times published on page 3 are under conditions of 70-80°F (21-27°C) and a relative humidity of 50%. At lower temperatures, the dry times will be increased and the full development of the coating’s physical properties will take longer. Improved air flow will aid the curing process when temperatures are below 50°F or the relative humidity is greater than 80%.
(Comparable equipment also suitable)
BRUSH: Use a good quality synthetic bristle brush.
ROLLER: Use a good quality lamb’s wool or synthetic fiber.
|Method||Fluid Tip||Fluid Delivery||Atomized Pressure|
|Pressure||0.055-0.070||1-16 oz./min.||25-60 psi|
|HVLP (var.)||0.043-0.070||8-10 oz./min.||10 psi (at tip)|
- BRUSH/ROLLER: Normally not required. When necessary, thin with fresh water.
- AIR ATOMIZED SPRAY: Up to 1 pint per gallon.
- AIRLESS SPRAY: Up to ½ pint per gallon.
CLEAN-UP: Soap and water.