Remove all surface contamination by washing with an appropriate cleaner, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Existing peeled or checked paint should be scraped and sanded to a smooth, sound surface (See warning below). Stains from water, smoke, ink, pencil, grease, etc. should be sealed with the appropriate quality primer/sealer. If a surface is new, priming and painting with acrylic wall paint will provide the best, uniform surface for applying the Glass Bead Texture. In all cases, use of this product requires that the surface be prepared with a quality stain blocking primer to avoid support induced discoloration.
- Stir contents before use.
- May be tinted with waterborne or Universal colorants (UTC), up to 10% by volume. Transparent pigments recommended.
- If tinting, mix thoroughly with a drill and paddle mixer or similar mixing apparatus. Note: this product does not mix reliably on a paint shaker.
- Trowel or brush apply.
- Roller and spray applications are not recommended.
- Thicker films will have a frosty, white appearance.
- Apply at temperatures between 50° F & 90° F.
- May be tinted with colorant, up to 10% by volume. Transparent pigments recommended.
- Apply only to clean, dry, primed and painted surfaces.
- Allow a minimum of 1 to 4 hours drying time between coats.
- Test your technique on a practice board before applying to walls.
- For interior use.
- It will be very difficult to sand off the Glass Bead Texture once it has been applied. Plan ahead and either apply the finish to wallpaper liner or advise the clients that it will be necessary to skim over the finish with joint compound and resurface the wall in the future.
Trowel Application: For maximum clarity and strongest reflective properties, apply as a single layer of beads by spreading and ‘‘floating’’ the beads with a flat trowel. Wipe trowel edges periodically to clean and prevent build-up of dried material. Scratches from the beads may occur, but can be easily smoothed out with smaller strokes and patience.
Brush application: Thin Glass Bead XL Texture with water or Glazing Medium to increase brushability.
- Trowel: Use a flexible, plastic trowel designed to apply decorative plasters.
- Brush: Natural white bristle brush preferred.