Golden Paintworks - Glass Bead Gel
Decorative, water based, acrylic gel mediums that dry clear, and contain a high concentration of small, clear, glass beads. The clarity allows any color underneath to show through, while the glass beads reflect light in a sparkling cascade. For best results, apply a coat of Metallic Paint before applying the Glass Bead Gels.
Coverage: Approx. 66 sq.ft./gal.
Dry Time: Recoat: 12-24 hours | Full cure: 2-4 weeks
Clean Up: Warm soapy water.
We deliver nationwide, see expedited transit times and our shipping rates by entering your shipping info on the checkout page.
Golden Paintworks Glass Bead Texture is an acrylic texture containing real glass beads that can be used to add accents of subtle, light reflecting sparkle. Use for contemporary accents, highlights and embellishments.
- Reflective properties for a wide variety of visual effects.
- Great for use with stencils.
- Compatible with most universal colorants.
- Water clean up • VOC Compliant
Remove all surface contamination by washing with an appropriate cleaner, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Existing peeled or checked paint should be scraped and sanded to a smooth, sound surface (See warning below). Stains from water, smoke, ink, pencil, grease, etc. should be sealed with the appropriate quality primer/sealer. If a surface is new, priming and painting with acrylic wall paint will provide the best, uniform surface for applying the Glass Bead Texture. In all cases, use of this product requires that the surface be prepared with a quality stain blocking primer to avoid support induced discoloration.
- Stir contents before use.
- May be tinted with waterborne or Universal colorants (UTC), up to 10% by volume. Transparent pigments recommended.
- If tinting, mix thoroughly with a drill and paddle mixer or similar mixing apparatus. Note: this product does not mix reliably on a paint shaker.
- Trowel or brush apply.
- Roller and spray applications are not recommended.
- Thicker films will have a frosty, white appearance.
- Apply at temperatures between 50° F & 90° F.
- May be tinted with colorant, up to 10% by volume. Transparent pigments recommended.
- Apply only to clean, dry, primed and painted surfaces.
- Allow a minimum of 1 to 4 hours drying time between coats.
- Test your technique on a practice board before applying to walls.
- For interior use.
- It will be very difficult to sand off the Glass Bead Texture once it has been applied. Plan ahead and either apply the finish to wallpaper liner or advise the clients that it will be necessary to skim over the finish with joint compound and resurface the wall in the future.
Trowel Application: For maximum clarity and strongest reflective properties, apply as a single layer of beads by spreading and ‘‘floating’’ the beads with a flat trowel. Wipe trowel edges periodically to clean and prevent build-up of dried material. Scratches from the beads may occur, but can be easily smoothed out with smaller strokes and patience.
Brush application: Thin Glass Bead Texture with water or Glazing Medium to increase brushability.
- Trowel: Use a flexible, plastic trowel designed to apply decorative plasters.
- Brush: Natural white bristle brush preferred.
Coverage: Highly dependent on application technique and number of layers. Approx. 66 sq.ft./gal.
Dry Time: @ 50% RH, 77° F: Recoat in12-24 hours. Full cure and water resistance developed in 2-4 weeks. Cold weather & high humidity will slow down dry time.
Clean Up: Clean your skin and equipment immediately after use with soap and warm water. Consult with local authorities for methods of disposal.
Storage: Store in a cool/dry location @ temperatures between 45° F & 95° F. Do not allow material to freeze or be exposed to temperatures exceeding 120° F for extended periods.
We make it our mission to ship your order in a timely fashion. Due to the nature of our business and the wide variety of our product offerings we sometimes encounter stock issues. Should there be any issues getting your order shipped we will contact you to update you on the situation.
All in stock items ship within 24 business hours. If you need your order shipped sooner than that please contact us directly before placing your order.
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2Day A.M
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx Ground
- Local In Store Pickup