Remove all surface contamination by washing with an appropriate cleaner, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Existing peeled or checked paint should be scraped and sanded to a smooth, sound surface (See warning below). Stains from water, smoke, ink, pencil, grease, etc. should be sealed with the appropriate primer/sealer. If existing paint is in good condition, priming is not needed. If a surface is new, priming and painting with acrylic wall paint will provide the best, uniform surface for applying the Cut Sandstone Texture.
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) andproper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at –LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Stir contents before use.
- May be tinted with waterborne or Universal colorants (UTC), up to 10% by volume.
- If tinting, mix thoroughly with a drill and paddle mixer or similar mixing apparatus. Note: this product does not mix reliably on a paint shaker.
- Trowel, brush, roller or spray apply.
- Apply at room and surface temperatures between 50° F & 90° F.
- May be thinned with water, up to 30% by volume.
- Apply only to clean, dry, painted or primed surfaces.
- Allow a minimum of 1 to 4 hours drying time between coats.
- Test your technique on a practice board before applying to walls.
- For interior use.
Trowel application: Wipe trowel edges periodically to clean and prevent build-up of dried material. Trowel or tool the texture to the desired appearance. Note: This material will “metal mark” when dry.
Brush application: Thin Cut Sandstone Texture with water to increase brushability.
Roller application: Apply product to the work surface with the roller for a heavily textured effect, or knock down with a trowel or brush.
Spray application: Thin to adjust for proper atomization using up to 2 parts paint to 1 part water. 'NOTE: Proceed Sand Texture may cause skin irritation, and this can be increased when airborne. BE SURE TO TAKE ALL PRECAUTIONS AND USE PROPER PERSONAL PROTECTION WHEN SPRAYING THIS PRODUCT. A dust and mist respirator, long sleeves, gloves and head covering are recommended.
- Trowel: Use a trowel designed for decorative plaster applications.
- Brush: Natural white bristle brush preferred.
- Roller: Use a texture roller cover.
- Spray equipment optional.
- Hopper Sprayer:
- Marshalltown SharpShooter® or equivalent
- #2 tip (4/16” / 6mm orifice); 40 PSI
- No reduction required, but may be reduced up to 30% to adjust application properties. Pump/compressed air sprayers with reservoir:
- Best Recommendation: Graco® TexSpray RTX 1500 or equivalent
- “Gray” tip; ”high” air volume setting
- Reduce 10% - 15% with water when using line feed from stationary hopper.