Golden Paintworks - Sandstone
A light grey, tintable, acrylic texture with a sandy, slightly course, uniform, aggregate that can be left rough, or troweled smooth depending on the desired finish. When dry, it holds glazes well, yet offers time to work a colored glaze before it sets. Sandstone can be colored with paint up to 25% of its volume without affecting its working properties. A wide variety of finishes, including faux concrete can be achieved.
We Color Match popular paint swatches! Note: A color sample of the plaster is made on card stock and left to air dry. The dried color sample, without burnishing or waxing, is what we match to the selected color swatch. The final finish will have deeper tones and darker shades of your color. All of our custom colors are tinted by eye and as such some minor color variance is to be expected. All custom mixes add one to four business days to our processing time.
Coverage: Approx. 50-150 sq.ft./gal.
Dry Time: Touch: 1 hour | Recoat: 4 hours
Clean Up: Warm soapy water.
Items that qualify for free shipping are sent FedEx ground. We deliver nationwide, see expedited transit times and our shipping rates by entering your shipping info on the checkout page.
Golden Paintworks® Lifestyle Finishes™ Cut Sandstone is a waterbased, interior acrylic that is made up of a slightly coarse, uniform material, with the look of cemented grains of sediment, useful for effects from rustic to industrial. This product contains naturally occurring materials and may have some batch to batch variability in color.
- Highly versatile for a range of unique finishing effects
- Ready to use
- Thins easily for brush applications
- Slightly absorbent
- Tint-able for a wide range of colors
- Easily over-glazed
- Water clean up
- VOC Compliant
Remove all surface contamination by washing with an appropriate cleaner, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Existing peeled or checked paint should be scraped and sanded to a smooth, sound surface (See warning below). Stains from water, smoke, ink, pencil, grease, etc. should be sealed with the appropriate primer/sealer. If existing paint is in good condition, priming is not needed. If a surface is new, priming and painting with acrylic wall paint will provide the best, uniform surface for applying the Cut Sandstone Texture.
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) andproper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at –LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Stir contents before use.
- May be tinted with waterborne or Universal colorants (UTC), up to 10% by volume.
- If tinting, mix thoroughly with a drill and paddle mixer or similar mixing apparatus. Note: this product does not mix reliably on a paint shaker.
- Trowel, brush, roller or spray apply.
- Apply at room and surface temperatures between 50° F & 90° F.
- May be thinned with water, up to 30% by volume.
- Apply only to clean, dry, painted or primed surfaces.
- Allow a minimum of 1 to 4 hours drying time between coats.
- Test your technique on a practice board before applying to walls.
- For interior use.
Trowel application: Wipe trowel edges periodically to clean and prevent build-up of dried material. Trowel or tool the texture to the desired appearance. Note: This material will “metal mark” when dry.
Brush application: Thin Cut Sandstone Texture with water to increase brushability.
Roller application: Apply product to the work surface with the roller for a heavily textured effect, or knock down with a trowel or brush.
Spray application: Thin to adjust for proper atomization using up to 2 parts paint to 1 part water. 'NOTE: Proceed Sand Texture may cause skin irritation, and this can be increased when airborne. BE SURE TO TAKE ALL PRECAUTIONS AND USE PROPER PERSONAL PROTECTION WHEN SPRAYING THIS PRODUCT. A dust and mist respirator, long sleeves, gloves and head covering are recommended.
- Trowel: Use a trowel designed for decorative plaster applications.
- Brush: Natural white bristle brush preferred.
- Roller: Use a texture roller cover.
- Spray equipment optional.
- Hopper Sprayer:
- Marshalltown SharpShooter® or equivalent
- #2 tip (4/16” / 6mm orifice); 40 PSI
- No reduction required, but may be reduced up to 30% to adjust application properties. Pump/compressed air sprayers with reservoir:
- Best Recommendation: Graco® TexSpray RTX 1500 or equivalent
- “Gray” tip; ”high” air volume setting
- Reduce 10% - 15% with water when using line feed from stationary hopper.
Coverage: Highly dependent on application technique and number of layers. Approx. 50-150 sq.ft./gal..
Dry Time: @ 50% RH, 77° F: Touch 1 hour. Recoat 4 hours. Cold weather & high humidity will slow down cure time.
WARNING! Causes eye irritation. Wash thoroughly after handling. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention. Inhalation of concentrated vapors (contains aqueous ammonia) can cause headache, nausea and irritation of the nose, throat and lungs. Provide adequate ventilation.
Clean Up: Clean your skin and equipment immediately after use with soap and warm water. Consult with local authorities for methods of disposal.
Storage: Store in a cool/dry location @ temperatures between 40° F & 90° F. Do not allow material to freeze or be exposed to temperatures exceeding 120° F for extended periods.
We make it our mission to ship your order in a timely fashion. Due to the nature of our business and the wide variety of our product offerings we sometimes encounter stock issues. Should there be any issues getting your order shipped we will contact you to update you on the situation.
All in stock items ship within 24 business hours. If you need your order shipped sooner than that please contact us directly before placing your order.
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2Day A.M
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx Ground
- Local In Store Pickup